Total Pageviews

Monday 7 November 2011

Seen but never heard



Ok so, I am new to this blog so bear with me. Anyway, I am the son of Rob and Jo and as the title suggests, I am often seen throughout this blog but as I have said I, haven't had any input so far, so  today as I sit in the sweltering school yard, waiting for Amy to be let out of school, I think meh why not? May be good to have a third voice in the party. First of all, most of you already know me but those who don't, I have been interested in marine biology and anything remotely aquatic since a very young age, having both parents as experienced scuba divers and multiple fish tanks filled with a menagerie of weird and wonderful critters scooped out of local creeks all though out my early child hood and my first word being "fish"' It's no wonder there is a strong interest in this field. So look where I am now! A blip of rock floating in Australia's arafura sea, surrounded with untouched, century old reefs and marine habitats.... Liven the dream!




Ok so from reading the previous blogs you would already know about our several weeks here on erub and the 3 spent on masig, but here is a run down from a teenage point of view. School school school, dad goes north to saibai island (this far off land I have never heard of), dad returns - yay! Story's are told and interests are gained, dad leaves again to another far off land he called "Darnley" or something like that, dad returned - yay, more stories told ,this place is starting to intrigue me! I start googling "Torres strait" as we had only ever learned about our aboriginal heritage in school, never our tropical cousins, dad leaves again, this time for yam (this time I know what he is talking about and it doesn't seem so far of and mysterious as I had put in relentless hours on google earth during study time at school....) dad returned with news. We are going north! Now it seems a little remote and scary again! Weeks and months pass and then starts the packing, say good bye to friends and get on the plane and watch as our rides get smaller!

Yorke: wow was that place beautiful! The reefs and the ideal beaches were just incredible! This place was just like a holiday!

Darnley: when we landed here I noticed this island is much bigger then the tiny masig, but just as beautiful. Ok let's move forward a few weeks. Here I am now, homesickness is running raw, with a world of experiences and knowledge (both found out the hard way and been told) and this is more then a dream, this is reality. It is times like this u realise dreams turn into realties, and when you can understand that is possible, then anything becomes possible - you just need to learn to dream! (this is my own personalisation of something I read in "lionheart" the book I'm reading for English)



So yes I know this edition hasn't exactly been as heart warming and newsy as mum and dad's blogs but this is just an introduction to my experience and views on this trip, hopefully I will be adding my thoughts and entrys to this blog over the course of our time here on erub.
So for now, yawo!  

No comments:

Post a Comment